Policies and Procedures
Policies and Procedures
Last updated January 2018
I strongly believe that your time is as valuable as my time, and I make every attempt to be ready for your appointment at the scheduled time. In my commitment to provide a unique and outstanding experience to all my clients, and out of consideration for my time, I have adopted the following policies.
~ I will be arriving 10-15 minutes prior to, and leaving 10-15 minutes post every treatment to ensure appropriate setup and tear down time, please be prepared.
~ Mountain Bliss Therapeutics is a strictly professional, non-sexual service.
~ Please provide at least 24 hours notice if you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment. A fee of the full price of your scheduled appointment will be applied for non-compliance.
~ Prior to each massage treatment, I will gather information about you through a short interview, and the treatment plan will be discussed with you.
~ Clients who have had one year or more between visits will be required to fill out new forms.
Scope of Practice
~ Massage Therapy is a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques, and may apply adjunctive therapies, with intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of the client.
~ Massage Therapists do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions, nor are they allowed to provide treatment for a specific condition without a doctor’s or primary healthcare practitioner’s supervision. The massage therapist is required to refer you for diagnosis and to follow recommendations of your healthcare provider.
Respect for Client Needs and Boundaries
~ I am happy to adjust pressure, temperature of the table warmer, musical volume, or working longer on a specific area or move if requested.
~ The client may choose to: refuse any massage methods, stop massage at any time, and is free to ask me to leave.
Occasionally, an emotional response to massage occurs. If this happens, it is ok to express the feelings in our safe, non-judgemental environment – or you may request privacy and end the session. You are in control.
~ Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated, will be viewed as solicitation, and reported to the proper authorities. The client will not be rescheduled if this occurs.
~ Sexual interaction or discussion between the therapist and the client is never appropriate.
Confidentiality and Conversation
~ Discussions between the therapist and client are confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
I am happy to listen to your conversation and share professional expertise.
Existing and New Medical Conditions
~ It is the responsibility of the client to keep your therapist informed of any medical treatment currently being taken, and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., that massage may be continued.
~ The client must also keep the therapist informed of any changes in health conditions.
If you have any questions about the above information, please send me a text message or call at 250-395-0282, or email at email@example.com, directed at Kassandra Schwabenbauer.
Information and Suggestions
- Mobile massage therapy allows the treatment to come to you. There should be an appropriate amount of space to accommodate a 30”x73” Massage table.
- Expect about 10-15 minutes before and after each session for setup and teardown.
- Prior to your massage, please remove contact lenses, and all jewelry. Pull long hair back with a clip or band.
- In general, massage is given while you are unclothed. However, you may choose to wear undergarments or a swimsuit. You will be covered with a top sheet throughout your session. This is your massage and you should be as comfortable as possible.
- Prior to assessments or initial treatments, please wear tight fitting active-wear clothing to ensure freedom of movement.
- Feel free to ask your therapist questions before, during or after the session. Your therapist is a highly trained professional and will be happy to make you feel informed and more comfortable.
- A 20-30 minute Epsom salt bath after each session is recommended.